Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for more than 137 years. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation. Our 6000 colleagues, working from around 75 permanent offices in more than 30 countries on projects in over 140 countries, are committed to our promise to enhance society together. We focus on delivering added value for our clients while at the same time addressing the challenges that societies are facing. By showing leadership in sustainable development and innovation, together with our clients, we are working to become part of the solution to a more sustainable society now and into the future.
Royal HaskoningDHV is engaged with a large multinational in the logistic sector as Program Architect for their Standardized Building Program. The objective of this program is to enhance standardization and uniformity within their building network across Europe (and North America). As Program Architect Royal HaskoningDHV is responsible to deliver multidisciplinary designs for different building types. These so-called Template Performance Packages are designed to be pan-European for seven countries. Royal HaskoningDHV is also responsible to perform design reviews after the handover of the Template Performance Packages to the Client’s Design and Construction teams. Finally, Royal HaskoningDHV is responsible to explore and implement innovative design solutions with the objective of the Standardized Building Program in mind.
Such a program brings along quiet some challenges as well. This is where you come in! We are looking for you if you are:
– eager to help us in the improvement of our day to day performance
– a supporter of a pragmatic approach to overcome challenges
– curious enough to ask all the questions required to understand underlying issues
– a team player who wants to achieve results together
– able to express yourself in English, both written and spoken
– interested in experiencing what it is like to work in a multinational company with multinational clients
Since we are also curious about your ideas, we would like to explore graduation thesis subjects together with you. Some suggestions from our side:
– Data sharing (e.g. between Client and Royal HaskoningDHV)
– Data handover (e.g. from one team to another team within the Client’s organization)
– New flexible approaches for a rather traditional construction sector (e.g. LEAN / Agile)
– Bridging cultural differences, both geographical cultures and company cultures
– Communication in the broadest sense of the word (e.g. track actions incl. their status, scope and design changes and decisions)
Although we do have some thoughts about possible subjects, we are open to discuss your ideas!
Please feel free to contact Dorien de Ridder via email@example.com if you have questions or you want you hear some more! If you already know that this is what you are looking for, you can send your CV, motivation letter and your ideas for a graduation thesis subject to Dorien!